I’ve found a Web site that I am loving… The Betty Rocker. She’s all about training dirty and eating clean…which I love!! Last week I made her Protein Pumpkin Muffins for one of my bootcamps… they were easy to make, delicious and will be included on my Thanksgiving menu. And… because I also want you to eat clean, I’m sharing the knowledge:
1 1/2 cups almond meal flour
1/2 cup raw protein powder (I used Garden of Life Raw Protein)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardomom
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup 70% dark chocolate pieces
1/4 cup walnuts
2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
3 T hemp seeds
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Measure all the dry ingredients, including the spice blend into the bowl and mix together.
2. Add in the pumpkin and eggs, and whisk well.
3. Measure grapeseed oil and honey and beat in.
4. Line muffin tins with foil cups, or grease with cooking oil.
5. Evenly distribute batter. In 12 regular sized muffin cups, you can fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Mix the topping and measure about a tablespoon onto each muffin.
7. Bake for about 22 mins, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the muffin comes out clean.