Summer is almost here and that often means traveling and vacations. I get many requests for workout ideas while on vacation. An easy and interesting one is the popsicle stick workout. Here is how it works:
You will need:
- Popsicle sticks (available at Target or any craft store).
- 2 plastic cups – One labeled “Daily Workout”, one labeled “Done”.
- Permanent pen
- Label each popsicle stick with an exercise. I have provided some example exercises below.
- Each day you can grab all, or a few, popsicle sticks from your “Daily Workout” cup.
- When you have completed the exercise, put the popsicle stick in to the “Done” cup.
- When all exercises are in the “Done” cup, repeat.
Here are some example bodyweight exercises that you can write on the popsicle sticks.
25 mountain climbers
20 push ups
20 squat jumps
30 tricep dips
30 incline push ups
25 alternating side planks
40 hops (20 each leg)
30 jumping jacks
30 knee ups
15 spider-man push ups
15 diamond push ups
10 tuck jumps
30 prisoner lunges (15 each side)
40 bicycle crunches
50 (25 each leg) step ups
Enjoy your vacation and stay healthy!